Dr Sim Wee Wee
Visiting Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Gynaeoncology)
MD (UKM) FRCOG (UK) Fellowship In Gynae-Oncology (Sydney) National Specialist Register
Clinic Hours :
By appointment only
Level 2 (Suite No. 10) – Women Clinic
Medical Education :
- O&G Specialist – Sarawak General Hospital – May 2004 – December 2006
- Gynae-Oncologist Training under Ministry of Health – January 2007 – July 2008
- Gynae-Oncology Fellowship in Sydney Cancer Centre, Australia – August 2008 – September 2009
- Gynae-Ocologist in Sarawak General Hospital – August 2009 – Present
Professional Membership :
Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Malaysia (OGSM)
Malaysian Gynaecological Cancer Society (MGCS)
Facilitator for Intensive Course in Obstetrics Emergencies (ICOE)
Trainer for Malaysia Gynae-Oncology Fellowship Program
Areas of Interest:
- Diagnosis and Management of Gynaecological Cancers:
- Cervical, Uterine, Ovarian and Vulva Cancers
- Diagnosis and Management of Precancerous Conditions of the Cervix.
- Complicated Gynaecological Surgeries, (eg: severe endometriosis).
- Minimally Invasive Surgery, (eg: Laparoscopic hysterectomy)
Dr Sim Wee Wee is a Gynaeoncologist, who has been serving the state of Sarawak with his expertise in managing gynaecological cancers since 2010. Dr Sim obtained his basic medical degree at UKM and was trained in various hospitals in Malaysia, as well as the United Kingdom (UK), before receiving his specialist qualifications in the field of O&G (MRCOG, UK), in 2003. Dr Sim proceeded with subspecialty training in Sydney, before he was recognized as a gazetted Gynaeoncologist. He has been awarded FRCOG in 2017.
Dr Sim specialises in the early detection of cancerous and precancerous gynaecological conditions, and is adept in the management of these ailments. He is dedicated to his craft and excels in performing surgeries for gynaecological cancers. He is also highly skilled in performing complicated benign gynaecological surgeries, including minimally invasive gynaecological surgeries (eg. Laparoscopic Hysterectomy), which confer significantly faster healing times for patients post-operatively.
Patients will find Dr Sim to be a pleasant and affable clinician, who provides holistic management plans to patients under his care.
Languages: English, Malay, Mandarin, Hakka, Teochew, Hokkien.